While in Australia this summer visiting a friend, I began speaking with some of her Australian friends about what it’s like in Canada. They mentioned how they were planning to visit next year, and would most likely be spending their time in BC. After they asked me questions about what it was like out west I realized I had no idea and starting thinking about how many different areas Canada really does have to offer.
Although I have been lucky enough to travel to different countries, I have never actually really travelled my own. I have never really been anywhere other than Ontario or Quebec. For this blog I decided I would travel to Whistler, British Columbia, somewhere I have always wanted to visit, right here in our own country.
As one of the top rated resorts in North America, Whistler really gained recognition during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. Open all year long, Whistler Village has everything from shopping to fine dining, spas and nightlife. In the winter, Whistler is most well known for its skiing and snowboarding on Blackcomb mountains. As someone who has now been to Mount Tremblant twice and is still intimidated by their runs, I am not sure I would be ready enough to ski here. However, I do enjoy the après ski atmosphere and think Whistler Village does looks beautiful.
The nice thing about Whistler is it is a four season resort and in the summer, there is a range of activities from ziplining, golf, mountain biking, hiking and even helicopter rides. I think until I become a more experienced skier, I would like to visit Whistler in the summer and experience the amazing views and other land activities that it offers.


This is a dream of mine to go Whistler. Fingers are crossed for next boarding season.
ReplyDeleteWhile I am not a skier, I've always wanted to go to BC. Perhaps if I go I'll give skiing a try.
ReplyDeleteI agree, I would go in the summer too. A friend of mine did a while ago and the pictures were amazing!
ReplyDeleteIt's sad that I live in Canada and the farthest I've gone is Montreal. After reading this blog and Annas blog, it would be fun to take a cross-country tour of our awesome country.
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Whistler, but I've been to Kamloops, BC and surrounding areas. Kamloops is about 4 hours from Vancouver and is surrounded by hills and trees. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, and I want to see if the rest of BC compares.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to go out West, and I plan to within the next year for an extended period of time. Some people really dont give Canada the credit it deserves, it has so much to offer
ReplyDeleteOne of my life goals is to drive across the country. I guess I will have to plan to stop of in Whistler.
ReplyDelete